Clive Conway Logo
General Enquiries Tel. 01865 514 830
Bookings Tel. 01872 500 925
To stage entertaining
and INSPIRING shows
by some of Britain’s
biggest names at
affordable rates
slider
To stage entertaining
and INSPIRING shows
by some of Britain’s
biggest names at
affordable rates
slider
To stage entertaining
and INSPIRING shows
by some of Britain’s
biggest names at
affordable rates
slider
123

Blog

Will 'Strictly' 2018 be undergoing more changes?

By: stagedorscribbler - February 10, 2018

Fans of Britain’s favourite dance show are already reeling from news that Strictly Come Dancing stalwart Brendan Cole will not be returning to the series later this year.

Now it seems there could be a question mark hanging over the continued inclusion of fellow professional dancer Anton Du Beke.

The 51-year-old, who together with Cole has appeared in every Strictly Come Dancing Season since its launch in 2004, says he doesn’t know whether the will be included in the 2018 team of professionals.

But with Cole out of the show there is significant media speculation about whether Du Beke may also get his marching orders. Appearing on ITV’s Lorraine last week he said:  “Well we don’t really know… the way it works is that they call everybody at the same time, and then the discussions start.” He did however add that he dreads the thought of receiving a call telling him that he  was not wanted anymore.”

However  rumours suggest that Du Beke may be found a different role and he is currently a bookies favourite to return as a member of the Strictly judging panel.

In his Lorraine interview Du Beke went on to pay tribute to his long-time dance floor buddy saying that he was “stunned” and “heartbroken” to hear that Cole would not be returning. 

Cole himself had revealed that the BBC would not be renewing his contract in an interview (also on Lorraine). The BBC  has said it will announce the full line-up of celebrity and professional dancers as well as the judging panel for the 2018 season later in the year.