Tutu International Peace Summit 2018
On Friday 20 April, Regent’s University London and the Tutu Foundation UK present the third Desmond Tutu Annual International Peace Summit 2018: Mediating the Impossible.
You will be welcomed to the event by Archbishop Desmond Tutu via YouTube and will then join experts from around the world to engage in key debates about peace and conflict resolution.
The summit will explore topics including international peace and security, South Africa in this year of Nelson Mandela’s Centenary, rebuilding Syria and the Oslo Agreement, 25 years on.
The collaboration between Regent’s and the Tutu Foundation UK began six years ago and has been highly effective in promoting the legacy of Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
The conference will feature speakers
• F W De Klerk, former State President of South Africa, who will be giving a Keynote Speech
• Lord Michael Hastings, Chancellor, Regent’s University London and Global Head of Corporate Citizenship at KPMG International
• Quentin Peel, Associate Fellow, Chatham House
• Baroness Shirley Williams, UK Liberal Democrat politician and former adviser to the Prime Minister on nuclear proliferation
• Lyse Doucet OBE, BBC's Chief International Correspondent
• Sir Graham Boyce, former British Diplomat
• Gina Miller, Founder and Chair, True and Fair Foundation
• Professor Aldwyn Cooper
• Peter Marsden
• Professor James Gow
• The Rt Hon. Lord Peter Hain
• Professor Yossi Mekelberg
• Richard Lindley MBE
• Carole Stone CBE
• Paul Randolph
• Toby Masterton
• Marina Wheeler QC
• June Sarpong MBE
• Fatima Zaman
• Greg Shapland
• Denis MacShane
• Yohel Heller
• Students from Regent's University London
£75 delegate rate
£35 discount rate (for Concessions and Members of the Tutu Foundation)
Free for all students and staff of Regent's University London.
Two servings of tea/coffee and a finger buffet lunch are included for all registrants.