One day workshop on managing conflict in the workplace
Conflict in the workplace is astonishingly costly in both monetary and psychological terms. Managing it quickly and effectively pays dividends. It not only saves money but it also helps creates a more effective, efficient and harmonious workplace.
Given the right psychological techniques you may be able to avoid conflict completely. Now the Tutu Foundation (UK) Training Academy is staging a one day workshop to show you how.
Using the expert skills of trainer Paul Randolph, a barrister, mediator and course director on mediation skills at the School of Psychotherapy and Psychology at Regent’s University, London, the 10am to 4.30pm session will be held on Tuesday (13th February) at Weil’s Solicitors,110 New Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1AY. It will adopt a unique psychological approach to understanding and dealing with conflict in the workplace. Providing valuable insights into the differing behaviour of people in dispute, it will aim to make the lives of all those whose daily tasks involve managing workplace conflict easier and less stressful.
Paul Randolph who is also author of Psychology of Conflict – Mediating in a Diverse World (Bloomsbury: 2016) and an Adviser to the Trustees of the Tutu Foundation (UK) will be identifying some of the difficult problems that can surface at all levels in the workplace. The workshop aims to provide practical tools for effective conflict handling, both in terms of conflict avoidance and resolution.
Through a mixture of talks, discussions and practical exercises covering a wide variety of workplace scenarios, delegates will gain a greater appreciation of:
- the effects of criticism and disapproval, and the need for praise
• the need for and benefits of consultation
• the need to understand the effect of emails - both as written and as read
• the importance of perceptions and assumptions, and biases
• why each side to a dispute sees things wholly differently
• effective communication skills - avoiding misunderstandings or causing offence • using communication skills to promote harmony and staff satisfaction
• deploying skills for handling complaints and conducting ‘difficult conversations’
The Tutu Foundation (UK) Training Academy One day workshop managing Conflict at Work will, be held on from 10am to 4.30pm on Tuesday 13th February 2018 at Weil’s Solicitors,110 New Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1A. Coffee and refreshment from 9.30am
Cost £299 + VAT. Group discounts available for 2 or more) 10 per cent.
Cost for NHS £175 + VAT
To Book go to www.iconicmediasolutions.co.uk/tutu.html